PROGRAM MANAGEMENT | AGILE, SCRUM | TECHNOLOGY & STRATEGIC VISION |PRE-SALES
Vinay has 16 years of international experience in ICT executing large technology projects managing cross functional distributed teams using Agile/Scrum. He has delivered complex ICT projects end-to-end on schedule, scope and budget. He is an Agile evangelist, Scrum coach and trainer, enabled teams and customer to transition to Agile. He is passionate to work with people and technology, has an eye for detail and focuses on quality; built strong long term relations with stakeholders across the globe. He is known for engaging customers, enabling growth, delivering Success. He has worked both as an individual contributor collaborating with people around as well as part of the team.
As Project, Program Manager, he is a specialist in establishing IT Governance (PMO) and successfully delivered complex technology projects end-to-end on schedule, scope and budget using agile as well as waterfall.
In Agile and Scrum world, he has enabled teams transforming into agile ways of working; implemented scrum in large development teams; an Agile practitioner; worked as Agile Coach, Meta Scrum Master, Product Owner and Proxy Product Owner for local teams when customers is miles away.
As Business Analyst and Product Owner, his approach is to understand business drivers from customer as well as end user perspective, analyze and capturing user requirements, make prioritized backlog (functional and non-functional specs), translate requirements into user stories thereby acting as a bridge between business and technology teams.He has strong drive for delivering the highest business value to individuals and businesses harnessing true power of IT managing day to day agile operations in fast paced environment. Executed IT projects spread across diverse technology such as Java, JEE, Hadoop, Big Data, Mobile Apps and open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel etc. He has multi-industry experience; decent knowledge of telecom, travel, insurance, finance, e-commerce, retail and web based online applications.
Passionate to work with people and technology, true believer in empowered teams, servant leadership and harnessing power of IT. He enjoys building customer relations.
Besides delivery and people management, he has also done strategic planning supporting business development and pre-sales. In Xebia, he has made innovative proposals, demonstrated PoC, sensed opportunities early, managed contract lifecycle and helped sales team to win big deals. He is an expert in exploring new opportunities in existing accounts expanding business.
- Project, Program Management (end to end)
- Agile / Scrum Implementation
- Consulting, Problem Solving
- Requirements Gathering and Scoping
- Strong writing and analytic abilities
- Product Owner, Scrum Master
- Business presentations, Strategic Planning
- Talent Management, Team Success, Motivation
- Contract Management, Vendor Management
- Stakeholder management and Co-ordination
- Estimation and Scheduling
- Budgeting, Financials, Forecast
- Resource capacity planning, Release Planning
- Define Success Criteria, Measure and track till closure
- Risk Management, Issue Management
- Monitoring and Tracking, Status Reporting
- Define and collect Project Metrics, Publish Reports
- Engage Stakeholders early, Give Demo, Collect Feedback
- Integration and Test Planning
- Plan to Move to Live Production Environment
- Sign off and Acceptance
Education and Certification
- Bachelor of Technology, Electronics and Communication from REC (now NIT) (1994-98)
- Advanced Program and Portfolio Management from Semcom AB
- PMP certified Project Manager, also member of PMI
- Certified Scrum Mater (CSM) from Good Agile
- Holds Sun Java certification since early days
- Leadership for Professionals
For detailed profile, please refer,