Agile, Scrum | Delivering Technology Projects
Vinay has 12+ years of international experience in IT executing technology projects managing cross functional distributed teams using Agile/Scrum. He has delivered complex ICT projects end-to-end on schedule, scope and budget. He is an Agile evangelist, Scrum coach and trainer, enabled teams and customer to transition to Agile. He is passionate to work with people and technology, has an eye for detail and focuses on quality; built strong long term relations with stakeholders across the globe. He is known for engaging customers, enabling growth, delivering Success.
In Agile and Scrum world, he has enabled teams transforming into agile ways of working; implemented scrum in large development teams; an Agile practitioner; worked as Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Proxy PO, Business Analyst
As Business Analyst and Product Owner, his approach is to understand business drivers from customer as well as end user perspective, analyse and capturing user requirements, make prioritised backlog (functional and non-functional specs), translate requirements into user stories thereby acting as a bridge between business and technology teams.He has strong drive for delivering the highest business value to individuals and businesses harnessing true power of IT managing day to day agile operations in fast paced environment.
Passionate to work with people and technology, true believer in empowered teams, servant leadership and harnessing power of IT. He enjoys building relations.
Besides delivery and people management, he has also done strategic planning supporting business development and pre-sales. In Xebia, he has made innovative proposals, demonstrated PoC, sensed opportunities early, managed contract lifecycle and helped sales team to win big deals. He is an expert in exploring new opportunities in existing accounts expanding business.
Roles and Core Competencies
- Agile and Scrum (Role: Scrum Master, Agile Coach)
- Requirements Gathering and Scoping, Strong writing and analytical abilities (Role: BA, PO)
- Stakeholder management and Co-ordination
- Consulting, Problem Solving
- Business presentations, Strategic Planning
- Writing, Preparing presentations
- Gap Analysis
- Contract Management, Vendor Management, Offshore – onsite distributed teams
Delivery Outlook and Experience
- Estimation and Scheduling
- Budgeting, Financials, Forecast
- Resource capacity planning, Release Planning
- Define Success Criteria, Measure and track till closure
- Risk Management, Issue Management
- Monitoring and Tracking, Status Reporting
- Define and collect Project Metrics, Publish Reports
- Engage Stakeholders early, Give Demo, Collect Feedback
- Plan to Move to Live Production Environment
- Sign off and Acceptance
Education and Certification
- Bachelor of Technology, Electronics and Communication from REC (now NIT) (1994-98)
- Advanced Program and Portfolio Management from Semcom AB
- PMP certified Project Manager, also member of PMI
- Certified Scrum Mater (CSM) from Good Agile
- Holds Sun Java certification since early days
- Leadership for Professionals