I have a dream of opening Agile Coaching Academy at some point. Some of my early thoughts are:
Agile is evolving. Though people are getting familiar with Scrum practices, however when it comes to ideal agile mindset, I think industry still has a long way to go. This is where Academy can help to nurture the agile mindset at grass root level and also at experienced corporate level. Academy can run workshops ranging from 3 hours to 3 weeks customised for type of audience where we will run them through a project (dummy but close to real), let them exercise agile practices and tune mindset towards agile. While doing so, naturally they will encounter many issues be in terms of Agile practice, people and their behaviour, engineering practices (e.g. TDD, CI, CD, automation, one click deployment, cloud ready etc.) and so. We as specialist tell them how to solve them in the best possible manner. In this process, they will be groomed and become agile ready for their respective organisations.
- Specialised courses for students. Knowing technically they are at early stage and have no/very less experience in industry but we make them agile specialist. Agile could be like a virtually non-programming technology of the future
- Customised courses for senior management and CXO level people how to transform their thinking and style of work into Agile and inculcate paradigm shift of mind. People at this level are the most difficult to understand agile and adopt to it. They don’t want to lose the control
- After the course, we can have exam/test also. This can be at two levels. (a) checking specific agile skills (2) checking behavioural attributes and reading psychology of the people and assessing them. There will be no pass/fail but people will be rated on rank say scale 1 to 10 and given practical and constructive feedback how to bring paradigm shift in thinking
- Sending monthly newsletter to industry highlighting candidates who got rating more than 5 in our test. This will give them instant visibility to the industry and potential chances to secure a job or raise
- Tie up with universities and also with enterprises. These organisations are always willing to invest in these initiatives. It will give them branding also
- Tie up with companies offering agile tools.